Spaghetti with Broccoli and Garlic




1 lb. spaghetti

2 lbs. broccoli, washed and cut into 1 inch florets

Garlic oil (see picture below)

4 cloves garlic, thinly cut lenghthwise

½ C. extra virgin olive oil

2 t. salt

1 t. red pepper flakes, opt.

zest of one lemon, opt.

Heat sauté pan for 30 seconds. Add oil immediately followed by garlic, salt, pepper flakes and lemon zest. Allow the garlic to sizzle for about one minute, then turn heat off.



Following the box instructions, boil pasta. During the last 4 minutes of the pasta cooking time, add cut broccoli. Drain pasta and broccoli and toss with garlic oil. Top with grated parmesan cheese.


Comments

  1. I know I'd love this dish, Carol. Years ago we use to frequent a neighborhood restaurant that always featured penne with broccoli. I loved it and your dish is quite similar to it. I really love the food and recipes you feature here. I'll be back often. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts