Meyer Lemon Pound Cake


Makes one 10 inch bundt cake.

2 1/3 c. AP flour
2 t. baking powder
2 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt
8 oz. butter
8 oz. cream cheese
zest from 2 meyer lemons, reserve the zested lemons
1 T. vanilla
6 eggs, room temperature

Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.

Cream butter and cream cheese.



Add dry ingredients.


Mix on low until the mixture appears dry and crumbly.


Add eggs one at a time until smooth. Don't overmix.


Add lemon zest and vanilla.


Prepare bundt pan with butter, then flour. Pour the batter into pan and smooth evenly.


Bake in a preheated oven at 325 until a toothpick comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes. Cool and invert cake onto plate. Brush with glaze: combine the juice of the 2 zested lemons with 1/2 c. powder sugar.


This cake transports with ease.

Comments

  1. Yummy! Can't wait to bake this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. incredible photos. love the visual step-by-step for technique. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, this is fantastic! I especially love the photos for visual reference, can't wait to try this recipe myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, cream cheese in the cake. That sounds like it would give it a wonderful flavor and texture. I have a linky party on my blog every Saturday called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link this up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I made your Cake when we were snowed in; Used Clementines (Orange) zest as that is what We had...It Was Great! Paris Yensco

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol, this is a lovely cake. It looks beautiful and sounds delicious. I'm new to your blog and have spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol

    How long does the cake cool in the pan before I invert it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jackie! Cool the cake for about thirty minutes before inverting it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the recipe! I halved the recipe and baked it in a loaf pan last night and it was delicious! Will be checking out your other recipes now... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts